Wednesday

Week 7: Love inspired

This week brought on the most abstract challenge we've had so far.  Our theme was open ended; we were simply instructed to make a dish inspired by love in honor of Valentine's Day.  I chose this week to do two dishes. The first was a marinated baked salmon dish served with green beans and focaccia bread.  I was inspired by love for the following reasons: I love to go fishing for red salmon with my grandfather back home, green beans are one of my most loved foods, and foccacia bread was one of the first things I really learned to cook.  You might say it inspired a "love" of cooking!


For dessert I took a more literal approach to this week's challenge.  I made coconut meringue kisses, which are apparently a family recipe.  They are extremely easy to put together, and as far as cookies go could be much worse for you.  They're chock full of protein enhanced corn-flakes, nuts, and egg whites.  They're pretty addicting, and the recipe makes a ton!   


No comments: