Wednesday

Week 15: One pot

This was one of the first weeks where I decided first what I wanted to cook, then figured out how to make it fit the challenge. This week's challenge was one-pot cooking, which "by definition, includes all essential ingredients in one pot. Any recipe that requires the cook to 'prepare pasta separately' or 'serve with bread' doesn't fit the bill".  I've been craving the Carlsbad Tavern's green chile mac and cheese for quite a while, so I scoured the internet to find a highly-reviewed one-pot mac and cheese recipe.  It wasn't as easy as it sounds, most recipes had horrible reviews.  I finally found something and adapted it to incorporate the green chiles and the right type of cheese.  Here are two photos of the process, which uses just enough water to have most of it evaporate while the noodles are cooking:



And a photo of the final product, which I garnished with pancetta left over from last week's submission and thinly sliced green onions.





No comments: