Saturday

Week 10: Movie Inspired

Welcome to Week 10 of the 52weeksofcooking challenge! This week's challenge was a creative one: to make a dish inspired by a book or movie.  I rarely watch movies, and am ashamed to say that I'm hardly reading these days, so I defaulted to the last novel that I read: The Help.  It's also one of the more recent movies I've seen.

There was a lot of great looking food featured in that movie, but one particular item stands out to anyone who has seen/read the story.  It's Minny's chocolate pie, seen here:


Now I won't ruin the story for anyone who hasn't seen it, but rest assured my pie is free of any unsavory additions that Minny might have added.  Here are two photos of the process:



And  photo of the finished product, seen here served with whipped cream:


It certainly isn't as pretty as I would have liked, but I guarantee it tastes a lot better than Minny's pie.  


No comments: